In 1946, the United Brethren in Christ Church and the Evangelical Church united nationally. The Brillion church became known as Emmanuel Evangelical United Brethren Church in November 1946.
It was decided at a meeting of the congregation of Emmanual Evangelical United Brethren Church on February 16, 1964 to construct a new building. On July 26, 1964, a groundbreaking ceremony took place.
Attended by 300 persons, on April 4, 1965, a ceremony for the laying of the cornerstone of the new church took place. Following the ceremony, the cornerstone from the old church built in 1920, was set in place inside the west entryway of the new church. The cornerstone with the year “1965” was then set in placed next to the west entrance of the church.
Rev. Willard Albertus served as pastor of the congregation during the years of transformation from the old Emmanuel Evangelical United Brethren Church into the new Faith Evangelical United Brethren Church. The name “Faith” was chosen for the new church because it required great faith and courage for a small congregation to undertake the building of a larger, modern church, which would serve their present and future needs for worship, Christian education, and fellowship.
The old Emmanuel E.U.B. church on West Water Street was razed in 1966.